Regardless of how good you try to maintain your car, the tyres will always get worn out in one way or the other. It is thus recommendable that you know a trick or two on how to quickly and efficiently rotate your tyres at home. This could serve you well especially when you’re too broke to replace a tyre entirely, or are in a hurry. The below tips should guide you when rotating your tyres at home;
- Lifting the car and choosing the surface;
- Place the car jack underneath the vehicle.
- Choose a flat surface and place a heavy object behind the rear tyres.
- Remove the hubcap and loosen the lug nuts with the lug wrench.
- Upturn the hubcap and place the nuts safely so as not to misplace them.
- Use the jack to raise the car and then place the jack stand.
- Use your judgment to determine the pattern of rotation.
- Rotating the car tyres;
- Check the rotation pattern of your tyres which are either directional or non directional.
- For directional tyres, you can alternate the front left tyre with the rear right, and rear left with front right; this pattern always works.
- For non directional tyres, the rotation pattern is to rotate the front driver side tyre with the rear passenger side. The front passenger side gets the rear driver side tyre and both rear tyres move straight up.
- The pattern is effective as it ensures complete rotation of the tyres ensuring long life of the tyres.
- You should now remove lug nuts of the raised tyre and roll them to the new location.
- If you have enough stand jacks and the car is already raised above ground, then it is easy to rotate all the tyres in the correct pattern.
- As you fix each tyre in the new position, equally tighten the lug nuts.
- You can then lower the jack.
- Lower the car and tighten nuts;
- Using the jack, raise the car off the jack stands so as to remove them.
- Safely lower the car down.
- When the car is lowered completely, tighten the lug nuts using a lug wrench till they are all equally tightened.
- Then you can place the hubcaps back on the wheels.
Knowing the above tips on how to quickly and efficiently rotate your cheap tyres Romford at home can save you much time and money in the long run.